Tuesday, January 24, 2006

College of Complexes

I received an amazing compliment from my supervisor, she told me that she had talked to the regional branch manager and told her that she felt my position should become permanent since I have been doing such a good job here. I am amazed! I had no idea she thought that highly of me, nor did I realize that I was that remarkable at my job. So hugs all around for me. I doubt that I will get the permanent position here but I am constantly being told that I will be getting a permanent position somewhere and I have already applied for 4 with one more to go.
In other news of job hunting my friend Avril recently came to my abode looking for help in fixing up her resume and writing a cover letter. So I did my best, but have to admit I took some help from Mainja. Yesterday Avril calls me to let me know that she got the job - yeah for her! I am so happy for her.
And in ground breaking, earth shattering world news I talked to gym guy again today. It has been months in the making for our second conversation but it finally happened at 5:50 this morning in the change room. He is cuter than I remember and we only talked work but I also got his name and introduced myself to him. A few more conversations and perhaps I can ask him out or something like that. I think he is adorable.
And then this morning I had a kindergarten outreach at the catholic school up the street. It was a good time. I read my the book I Like Myself (a personal fave) and this puts my library well past the benchmark for kindergarten outreach. However having booked my program this early in the morning means that I have an 11 and a half hour shift today. Whooo hoo lucky me.
In closing I think you should all go and rent the New Zealand film "The Locals". I watched it with Emily last night and I don't want to give anything away but it was really really good and creepy without being gory. So go and check it out. And there was something that Emily and I were supposed to blog about today but I forget what it is. Hmmmm!

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, 24 January, 2006, Blogger epicurist said...

Congrats on the performance appraisal. It's always nice to hear.

 
At Tuesday, 24 January, 2006, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

You're working out at 5:50am?????

 
At Tuesday, 24 January, 2006, Blogger No one asked us said...

Dickey - no I am in the changeroom flirting at 5:50 I was not working out until 6:10.

Epi - Yeah it is always good to hear nice things about your job performance.

 
At Tuesday, 24 January, 2006, Blogger emily said...

I can't remember what we were supposed to blog about, either! Something dirty, I think. About the ass punches, and the santa pillow, and people getting killed on the tv?

I think "ass punches" is my new favourite word combo. Maybe that will be the title of my fourth album!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home