Thursday, January 12, 2006

I swear to God you mother if you eat the whole of that you are gonna be compromising something!!!

I had a rough night last night.
Oh my yes.
I had my pre-teen bookclub.
Now as some of you may or may not know, I have a few emotional issues. Some of which stem from the really shitty time I had in public and high school.
So asking me to deal with kids aged 8-12, not my idea of a really good time. But I do it and make the best of it.
But last night I wanted to murder them.
I did.
I wanted to take them all out and line them up against a wall and shoot them. Well all of them except Stefanie, she is delightful!
All right. So we had our meeting and then we were decorating for valentines day. And the kids were loud, rambunctious and loud.
This is normally not a problem, I am aware that kids are loud, but I was annoyed as we had had a discussion at the beginning of the night about volume levels and what is and is not appropriate for a library.
Trust me these kids were highly inappropriate!
And the thing that pushed me over the edge was one of them put a kick me sign on my back.
I hate that shit.
It is depressing enough that that happened to me when I was the same age as those kids, now that I am their elder they should know better. A lot better.
I was furious!
And then I was depressed from it.
My supervisor intervened and gave them a very stern talking to, which I appreciated, but at the same time made me feel like I could not do my job very well.
And then I went home and tried to have therapy through food.
I hate being an emotional eater.
I am having a lot of medical tests done right now so I am supposed to be eating only certain foods, but last night I just ignored that and chowed down.
I ate a lot.
Too much.
I hate it.
And I hate that now eating has become a feeling of compromise.

5 Comments:

At Thursday, 12 January, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

That really sucks! Kids can be so mean. I know that sounds trite, but it's very true. I hate all that shit too.

 
At Thursday, 12 January, 2006, Blogger emily said...

Reason # 1980489563281037438 I will never give birth to a child - they are evil.

I'm sorry that happened to you.

xo

 
At Friday, 13 January, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

Emily - you sound like me!

 
At Sunday, 15 January, 2006, Blogger Snooze said...

I can imagine how horrible it was when like you said, you have bad memories from being that age. But just try to remember that with that age it isn't personal. It's definitely good to point out to them appropriate behaviour, but things like kick me signs, they're just the herd trying to break free of rules.

 
At Tuesday, 17 January, 2006, Blogger emily said...

Heather - I'm all about borrowing other people's kids, and then giving them back when they get annoying!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home