Friday, January 06, 2006

You Are Free

So here is how the date went: I met him right on time, he gave me a tour of his library, I met his co-workers and checked out his branch. It was fine.
We then walked down to the Drake Hotel and had dinner and drinks. He had a gin martini without Vermouth (so Gin in a glass) with three olives. And I had the house red.
He ordered mussles, I had the burger and fries. We talked a lot about work, about men, about past relationships, film, queer cinema, queer literature, life in general. It was a good time.
I enjoyed myself . . . but I felt myself resisting and sliding into old patterns.
The evening ended with an embrace and the suggestion that we should do it again soon.
I agree that we should.

4 Comments:

At Friday, 06 January, 2006, Blogger Snooze said...

Aw, that sounds like a nice time.

 
At Monday, 09 January, 2006, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Yeah, sounds good! Do it again.

 
At Tuesday, 10 January, 2006, Blogger T-Bird said...

i'd agree - do it again!

 
At Tuesday, 17 January, 2006, Blogger epicurist said...

Go for it! Enjoy the experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home