Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Scary Seventh Graders

I had my first class visit and program for grade 7's today.
I was terrified.
I was terrified because it was in grade 7 when the hatred and picking on me really began, and because I think that 12 year olds are the worse form of human beings that exist in the world.
I was also terrified becuase I have an interest in the teacher. He is a cutie!
Anyways, I was prepared for it early and spent the 15 minutes before they arrived wandering around walking into stuff. My supervisor tried to give me a prep talk, and I was grateful but I did not really want to hear it.
I was terrified that I would be catapulted back to that stage of my life and that I would be made fun of and feel alienated and ashamed of myself.
Well - it did not happen.
I found these kids to be quite pleasant and that the session went really well. The majority of the kids were very well behaved, insightful, they had really good answers and I think that my presentation was perfect for their age level and ability.
So I worried for nothing.
I am very proud of myself.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, 19 January, 2006, Blogger epicurist said...

We always make things seem bigger than they are don't we? I'm glad they weren't little sh*ts.

 
At Thursday, 19 January, 2006, Blogger Snooze said...

Amazing to conquer a personal fear. Now give your inner child a hug.

 
At Friday, 20 January, 2006, Blogger mainja said...

you rock!

and honestly, i rarely find pep talks of any use. i don't know, i guess sometimes, but mostly i'm way to nervous to even hear them.

 
At Friday, 20 January, 2006, Blogger Madox23 said...

Yay! Seventh Grade can be tough, although they can be lulling you into a false sense of security.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home