Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I have full access to the post its

Today was my first day at TPL as a childrens/youth services librarian. I have to say that I am actually falling in love with this job already. I have a lot of responsibility, way more then I have ever had before in my life. From programming to collection development, to community outreach and wow - at this moment I feel a little overwhelmed. Well actually a lot, but at the same time I sort of feel like I am doing something that is very important and that I will find fulfilling.
I do have to admit that I am a little afraid of the kids. I am afraid that I am not going to be able to relate to them, or that somehow I am gonna mess them up. I realise that this is ludicrous and that I need more time to get acclimatized to this fish bowl, but at the same time I can be like that teacher who either made you love reading or who made you hate it.
I would prefer to be the former.
Anyways I am just on my break and have already tidied my office (I GOT MY OWN OFFICE!!! WITH A DESK AND A LAMP AND STUFF - No cubicle for this young librarian 1)
and next I am at circulation, after already having done the reference desk and deleted about 45 book records from the system (on purpose). Whoo - next I get to add records. I am a superstar!

oh and "MEMO MEMO" I have full access to the stationary supply cupboard.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 04 October, 2005, Blogger mainja said...

wooo hooo!

excellent.

i'm very excited for you mr. lovely man.

well, except for getting that stupid song in my head *again*.

 
At Wednesday, 05 October, 2005, Blogger emily said...

YAY!

So damn exciting. And don't let the access to post-its go to your head. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home