Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Something I've never done before

In a few days, I'm going to be doing something I've never done before. I'm a little nervous about it, but a lot excited about it.

I'm going to be participating in a 2-day, 60km fundraising walk for breast cancer research and treatment.

I'm nervous because, holy hannah, it's 30 kms each day! That's a long way. I've been training and stuff, but I'm still a little nervous that I won't make it. I mean, I'm pretty darn sure I will, but there's that little voice inside me that's all "30 kms x 2 days = really damn far!"

But I'm excited as well, because there's going to be so many interesting people there, and it's for a cause I really believe in (hello, 1 in 9 Canadian women will be diagnosed with breast cancer - it's gonna affect me in SOME way), and there aren't all that many people who can say they've done it!

Plus, I've almost reached my fundraising goal, and I haven't even made my own donation yet.

I kind of feel stupid when I wear my pink silicone bracelet, because I know there a bunch of people out there who are wearing them because it's trendy and they've made their $1 donation to the cause by buying it, and blah blah blah cool-cakes. Maybe once I've done the fundraising and walk I'll feel like I've earned the right to wear it.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, 07 September, 2005, Blogger mainja said...

wow.

good on ya!

 
At Monday, 12 September, 2005, Blogger emily said...

Thanks, mainja and flesh von wintoor. I'm a bit sore and slow, but it was a great experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home