Monday, August 08, 2005

The Haunting

I have named my ghost Bernerd.
I am fond of my ghost.
For those of you who don't know my apartment is haunted. I have twice seen my ghost standing in a corner at 4 am. I don't know what he is doing (I have the feeling it is a man) standing there but it has happened twice and at the exact same time and both times it kind of freaked me right out. It did not scare me but it was kind of weird to just see this white figure standing there.
At first I thought the apartment was haunted cause the temperature in the fridge kept getting turned up from 4 to 6. I was skeptical cause it just could have been me hitting the temperature and turning it up. But one day just to check I turned it down to four, left the apartment and when I came back I checked first thing and it was back up to six.
The ghost and I had a little chat about this and he stopped. Then he started switching the fridge from "reduce exterior moisture" to "energy save". He did that a couple of time and then we talked about it and he stopped. Now his new thing is to open the top left hand corner drawer of my jewelry box. He pulls it open, leaves it ajar and that seems to be it.
We have yet to talk about this.
But I have the feeling that he has to do something to get him through the day so I am thinking of letting him have the jewelry box thing. It is the lesser of the evils and well if it makes him happy.
I always thought it would be so weird to have a ghost but I actually kind of like him. He feels like my protector or something. He is not evil, as far as I can tell. Just a nice room mate who I rarely see.

2 Comments:

At Monday, 08 August, 2005, Blogger emily said...

Dude! I hadn't realized you'd actually seen Bernerd. If I ever see him, we'll definitely have to have a chat, since I'd prefer not to.

 
At Monday, 08 August, 2005, Blogger Snooze said...

Wow. This is truly wild. An eco-friendly ghost.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home