Monday, July 18, 2005

Fine - be that way. Don't come crying to me when your skin falls off!

Having decided to make more gay male friends I have been doing so. It has been an interesting foray into a world that I have always sort of been an outsider of. In fact at times it can be downright strange and scary.
My most recent thing that kind of irritates me is that so many gay men try to hard to be "manly." Or they think that gay men who do the "non-manly" things are funny and don't want to be associated with. Oh come on and get over it. This is the year 2005 and sometimes these so called "non-manly" things must be done.
I am talking specifically about the fact that I have exzema and rather sensitive skin. A few of the gay men who I have met think that I am being all Princessy because I have to take care of my skin. It is not that I want to use special soaps or moisturizers, I have to. I really have no choice. If I do not I will be in pain and I don't want to be in pain. I just want to have nice skin and not have to do anything to get it, but apparently the fates are against me in terms of that.

So this once again goes back to my issues with gay men who don't like gay men. But on this one I am not gonna be all "why don't you like me for me" about it.

This is where I draw the line.

I have to take care of my skin or I will regret it and then no one will want to touch me.

In fact I think that it is kind of funny that the gay community is so beauty obsessed with men, but don't want to have to take care of their skin (yes I am generalising). Perhaps if they did they would look younger longer.
Did you ever think of that boys?

5 Comments:

At Monday, 18 July, 2005, Blogger emily said...

People are so weird. (And by that, you know I generally mean stupid.)

You should be all, "Well, would you rather I looked like a giant lizard? No? Then shut the fuck up. Thank you."

 
At Tuesday, 19 July, 2005, Blogger No one asked us said...

Hey Mern
It is not so much that these men are stinky or what not, they just seem to think that a skin care regiment is not of the norm. I don't know where i seem to find these guys, but to be perfectly frank they can kiss my well moisturised ass. I am so sick of the gay community and its weird double standards toward how men behave.

 
At Tuesday, 19 July, 2005, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Again, it's back to stereotypes that are pushed in the culture.
F'em. I'm queer, have tattoos, shaved head, rock guitarist, often look pissed off, pretty 'manly' usually.
I also like bubblebaths with Lush bubbly and shave with tangerine cream.
So there's nothing wrong with guys being queeny or masculine. It's just obnoxious when they try to be whatever they're not.

Oh, and I have vitamin E lotion, to keep my tattoos nice. And I got that advice from a big bad biker dude, so I wouldn't call that femmy.

 
At Tuesday, 19 July, 2005, Blogger No one asked us said...

Hey Dickey - yeah I totally agree with that. It is horrible when people try to fit in and be someone they are not.

Mern - I totally appreciate your making the extreme! It helped to put it in perspective. I don't know why these dudes are attracted to me or vice versa. I have the same problems with married men - they tend to flock to me and then I am not intersted.

I am beginning to see that I am me and no one else and I should stop apologizing for it.

 
At Thursday, 21 July, 2005, Blogger Snooze said...

I have a friend who has every grooming product imaginable and who also has both a rack and a sling in his bedroom. I agree with Dickey - and don't let anyone tell you that you need to change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home