Monday, June 13, 2005

Limited Edition

Last night I went to see the band Ivy play at Lee's palace. No I know that most people have never heard of half the bands I listen to and I understand that my taste in music is rather esoteric. But I have to say that they blew me away.
Their performance was absolutely amazing!
Their music is described by many as "pop music without the bitter aftertaste" and it is a pretty good description. They are very soothing and calm music with lots of string arrangements and horns. (Oh how I love them).
But in the live environment they did not have that type of music stylings to choose from. Instead they went for the more rocking out approach to their songs and holy crap did it work! It was awesome. I was totally dancing and out of my tree cause they were just getting down with their bad selves and it was so good! It was beyond good it was just amazing! In fact I would call it one of the best live shows I had ever seen. Of course it helped a lot that Aurelia was there with me and that I just adore her to the point that I question my sexuality (no not really. But this band just put on such a good show and they had such great comraderie with each other and with the audience and they really seemed to be having a good time - which is more then I can say for the audience.
The audience was just a little bit too reserved for my tastes. I was the only one dancing and singing along with the band. Maybe this is due to the fact that normally they are not so rocking, but come on kids - is it that hard to rise to the occassion? I think not.
So Ivy was amazing and I met the band afterward and they were all so very nice, they shook my hand and thanked me for coming. Holy does Andy Chase have a very firm handshake (and he is sooooooooooooooooooooo dreamy). Also, Adam kept looking at me during the show which was just interesting, but what can you do? Maybe he thought I was cute.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 14 June, 2005, Blogger emily said...

Toronto audiences are notoriously stupid at concerts.

I wish I'd gone to Ivy instead of the concert I did go to (well, I lie. I liked the headliner that I went to see, but I hated the other 6 hours I spent there. BASTARDS!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home