Sunday, June 19, 2005

Bondage Hangover

Why is it that I am alwasy so exhausted on the weekends? I don't think that I do that much during the week. Not as much as I used to? I used to work full time and go to school full time. Now I am at work part timeish (more on that later) and done school for forever (I hope) and I am so drained by the weekend that the thought of seeing another human being until monday really just irks me. I want to be alone a lot more then it seems I ever have before in my life. And I don't know what to do about it, this is not at all like me. I have always been such a social person but lately I seem to be become some what of a loner.
For example I was at the Sleater Kinney concert last night (sigh, they were so good) and I was irritated that there were that many people around me. (oh and of course oh so many stupid people - jerks! Like this one guy who kept screaming songs for them to sing, I mean come one and leave them alone they have already chosen a set list and it is not up to you to deter them. I hate that behaviour) All I wanted to do was escape, get out, get away from that many people, this bugs me. I love people - well most of them anyways don't even get me started about those who I don't like cause I always have way more to say about them then I do about the people I love. Lets just say I am passionate about the things that I truly dislike.
So there I am tired of all of this. I need some sort of change but I couldn't tell you what it is. The idea of going out and meeting people always seems so appealing until you actually attempt to do it and then it is a lot less appealing. But staying homne is getting a bit dull. So either I need to take some speed (which I hear will help me lose weight and money) or I need some sort of energy boost. Sigh.

However in the world of happy news I have been given a project for the Crim centre fact checking and updating a database that a prof has created. I am super excited because a) this position was just handed to me and b) I think that is really complimentary. So I get to have some hands on database work which will look really good on my resume and it pays well and I get to do it from home. SO hopefully this is fate helping me out and a job will be coming soon that is of full timeability - then i can be even more tired.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 21 June, 2005, Blogger mainja said...

after my breakdown and subsequent depression diagnosis i became a bit of a loner too. i had previously been out every night, and if i wasn't out i was on the phone. never ever time to myself.

sometimes you just get to a point where you need time and space.

for me the social butterfly routine was a way of hiding from myself, and when i had my breakdown i realised i had to spend some time with me, and i had to learn to like myself enough to be willing to be alone with myself.

so, what i'm saying is there is no rule that says you have to be a social being, even if you were in the past.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home