Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I have no idea what to title this

So I had an interview today at ProQuest for an indexing position. Not as glammy lifesytleesque as Vaughn public library but pays well and is downtown. So no commuting to Vaughn.
Anyways.
First off I got offered the job this afternoon which is nice that they wanted me and took me right away.
Vaughn has not called my references and are supposed to be getting back to me today or tommorrow so I am assuming that I am not in the running. But even if I do get it I can probably do both jobs since they are both part time.
So I am now an employee of a database company. Hmmm, its nice - I think. I mean I have not started yet but I did not mind indexing at my previous jobs and it is practical information professional experience. Plus it also means that I am not gonna be unemployed in a weeks time, so sigh and yeah!
I must admit that I am totally floored that they offered me the job since I had a nervous breakdown this morning and normally that is not the way to go about getting yourself a new job. But I seemed to manage to pull myself together for it. But now I am sitting here at crim for my second last shift ever and I am feeling the pull.
For those of you who may not know i was diagnosed with depression in February and am currently in treatment for it. I hate it.
I hate being depressed and I like treatment while at the same time hate it. It is such a weird "disease" (I put it like that cause I am assuming that is sort of what it is, but I don't really know). and it puts you in such a weird head space.
So anyways, yes. I just thought I would share that with the world since I am getting over my stigmas attached to depression.
God, I feel like I am coming out again.

HEY EVERYONE I GOT SOMETHING TO SAY (oh how I love strangers with Candy) . . . you can fill in the rest.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, 24 August, 2005, Blogger Snooze said...

Congrats! You'll be an asset to that workplace, as you were here. As for the other part...depression sucks. Never easy. Will strike when you least expect it. But you've had it for years and survived. Now you just have a term for it.

 
At Wednesday, 24 August, 2005, Blogger Snooze said...

Oops - that sounded a bit callous. I meant, now you know what you're dealing with.

 
At Wednesday, 24 August, 2005, Blogger emily said...

Woohoo for the jobishness! I'm so happy for you, babe-a-loo!

My cat can't wait to meet you on Friday. :)

 
At Thursday, 25 August, 2005, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Yay! Job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home