Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I guess I am too fat to breath properly

I had my yearly physical yesterday.
Apparently my cold is not a cold, but a respiratory infection.
Also according to the BMI I am in the border between obese and overweight.
Hmmmmmm, me no like this.
I think the BMI is stupid.
It does not take variation into account, yet so many health care professionals use it.
And it makes me angry.
I don't agree with this standardized test telling me that I am a fatty mcphaterson.
I think they need to come up with some better way of telling people that they are fat.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, 13 February, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

WTF? They're still using that outmoded system?

Get well soon, and you are not fat. You're perfectly scrumptious.

 
At Tuesday, 13 February, 2007, Blogger graymama said...

My BMI says that I am obese, yet I only have about 40 pounds left to lose from pregnancy. I think doctors are just too lazy, so they lean on this inaccurate system. It reminds me of how higher education uses the SAT, ACT, SAT IIs, etc...

Feel better! :-)

 
At Monday, 19 February, 2007, Blogger emily said...

Stupid BMI. It's crap.

I hope your infection is better now. xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home