Friday, March 10, 2006

In The Story of My Life

It is so true that sometimes all it takes is one day to change everything in your world.
For example I received a phone call as soon as my branch opened today from my new district manager offering me a permanent position. So here I am realizing all of the things that are about to change in my life and how good and bad it will all be at the same time.
My world is about to significantly change.
I am now going to be permanent in the system. This is a very good thing. It is only part time which means i have to either get a second job or pick up shifts, but I am still in the system.
So this means I have a new office to go to. I have a new library to get to know, I have a new group of kids who I will have to become familiar with and learn from. And it also means that my travel time will be cut significantly from here on in. (except when I go to those other branches for extra shifts).
These are all okay things. Things that I know must happen.
The bad things are as follows: I have to say good bye for now to everyone here, all my kids, my co-workers, my favourite patrons, all the teachers, all my programs, all the little moments I look forward to throughout the day with my co-workers and patrons.
And my supervisor. I am gonna miss her very much. Leesa has been the best introductory supervisor a new librarian could have hoped for. She has been supportive, insightful, personable, fun, and amazing. I am going to miss this place mainly for the experience with her and the friendship we have formed. I know we will still be friends and see each other at library functions and hopefully outside of that, but it just won't be the same.
This reminds me of when I left CATIE. I grew up so much with my position there and I would say that the same thing has happened here.
This is going to be a roller coaster of a couple of weeks.

4 Comments:

At Friday, 10 March, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

You got the job! CONGRATULATIONS!

but I get that it's a touch bittersweet, for sure.

 
At Friday, 10 March, 2006, Blogger emily said...

Woohoo for the new!

Boohoo for leaving the current place. But you hopefully won't have to deal with the dude who needs to get his own interet connection already. :)

 
At Wednesday, 15 March, 2006, Blogger Snooze said...

This brought tears to my eyes. You are going to take that place by storm and be permanent before you know it!

 
At Thursday, 16 March, 2006, Blogger Snooze said...

Oops - you are permanent. I meant full-time

 

Post a Comment

<< Home