Thursday, March 09, 2006

Was it okay before?

I had to go for an ultasound today.
I have only ever had one before in my life and it was no big deal except for the fact that my bladder had to be extremly full and painful for it.
This time I was not allowed to eat or drink before. So there I am, 9:30 am, lying there in one of those fabulous gowns with that hot gunk on my stomach, breathing deeply and holding and going through caffeine withdrawl, feeling horrible from my cold and wanting to murder the technician.
I hate that it feels so much like unnecessary suffering when you go for these things. And he kept pushing in on places that as far as I am concerned were not made to be pushed on with that sort of device and not have an orgasm at the end of it.
But I did get to look at the very long string of photos of my insides as they came out, that was sort of cool, except I have no concept of whether or not they really are saying anything bad or good, or what I am really even looking at.
The man however, annoyed me. The conversation went like this:

Him - Have you ever had an ultrasound before?
Me - Yes 5 years ago for my bladder.
Him - Oh.
Me - (silent)
Him - Was everything okay then?
Me - Why? What is not okay now?
Him - (silence)

Why on earth do they do that? I know that he is not allowed to tell me anything that my Doctor has to. So why does he make any sort of comment at all to the contents of a possible three headed monster in my stomach. If I can ever find out who he is and if he has a library card, he is going to regret messing with me.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, 09 March, 2006, Blogger Heather Warren said...

let´s put some good energy into the results, my dear. ultrasound technicians don´t always interpret what they see correctly.

don´t worry, be happy.

much love,
isabela.

 
At Friday, 10 March, 2006, Blogger epicurist said...

Uggh, what was the Ultrasound for? I have had a few of those plus Barium enemas..uggh. nasty and very gross. Keep us in the loop!

 
At Friday, 10 March, 2006, Blogger No one asked us said...

Hey Epi, the ultrasound was cause my body temperature is too high and my Dr thinks it may be IBS, but she has to check everything else first before diagnosing it as such. Ultrasounds are not much fun, how do pregnant woman stand them?

 
At Friday, 10 March, 2006, Blogger emily said...

I hope you are okay...

xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home