Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A Cake Left Out in the Rain

I woke up on sunday morning feeling like the living dead. I take that back.
I felt like the dead dead.
I woke up with the most viscious cold I think I have ever had in my life.
Maybe part of the reason it is so bad is that I have not had a cold in a very long time.
Also I think part of it is that this cold is fron the United Kingdom where my colleague just returned from. She brought me chocolate and this cold, lucky me.
The first annoying part about it was that Travel Agent and I were supposed to spend Sunday together but we decided to not see each other since I did not want to get him sick and he did not want to get sick. Then he calls me last night to tell me that he is getting sick so we could have seen each other. That sucks.
The worse part about my waking up sick was that I had an interview for a permanent position yesterday.
I thought I was going to die.
I was seriously considering calling and saying that I was too ill to make it. But then decided that showing up sick was more spectacular than not showing up at all. So I filled myself full of drugs and went off to my interview. My equilibrium was totally off and I felt so bad that at times I was sure I was going to fall over. But somehow I got through the interview and did not die.
When I got home I called Emiline to talk about it and I still could not decide how it went. But when I got to work today (even though I still feel terrible I knew that my co-worker would not come in so I decided to be here just to be the best little librarian in the world)my supervisor told me that they had already sent a reference check, so I guess I did okay.
Yeah. I hope I get it.
But I still feel like a cake left out in the rain.

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, 07 March, 2006, Blogger emily said...

Rain cake! Yum!

But hooray for the reference check already! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

 
At Tuesday, 07 March, 2006, Blogger Snooze said...

You interview well. Best wishes for the job!

 
At Tuesday, 07 March, 2006, Blogger Madox23 said...

HEY There!

I'm sure you did well on your interview! I had an interview where I started hacking uncontrollably right in the middle of the interview! I thought did horrible but they still wanted to give me the job! Go figures! Calling the references this early is such a good sign!

Madox

Ps- I want to hear more about the travel agent!

 
At Wednesday, 08 March, 2006, Blogger Heather Warren said...

good luck with the job! it´s amazing sometimes how we do better when all our guards are down. hope you´re feeling better. I think I have a cold too. Oh those Brits!!!

 
At Wednesday, 08 March, 2006, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Reference check = good good good.
:)

 
At Friday, 10 March, 2006, Blogger epicurist said...

Feel better babes! By the way, try Cold FX. I know it is pricey but it really does work and I swear by it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home