Friday, February 17, 2006

Roller Coaster (don't wanna go faster)

Holy crap what a week!
This has been one of the craziest weeks ever in my life.
Too much work, too much stuff, too much at home, just too too much.
The highlight was baking a cake for my supervisor for her birthday as a surprise.
I have been worried about the possible strike, I have been worried about getting a permanent position, I have been worried about my mental health, and I have been worried about me.
I don't know what else to say.
Currently there is a man sitting at the computers who is wearing a bullet proof vest. I know this becuase he took off his coat and there it is and it says "bulletproof - defense". I have no idea why he is wearing this to the library, but power to you or something like that.
This brings me to the fact that people are just plain weird. And its not that i don't like weird, I really really do. But as I get to know myself better I am becoming aware that there is weird, and then there is really really really weird. Oh so strange.
Part of my week this week, included first aid training and the rules of conduct training. Both are good skills to have for here in the library but also both have made me nervous about the possibilities of what can go down here. I just can not wait to use the rules of conduct and kick someone out of the library. I have to ask two kids to leave on wednesday night as they were fighting, that was the first time I had to do that.
And on tuesday we had the family story night for valentines day, and I had more adults present than kids. Apparently the adults love my story telling skills, that was nice.
Sigh, one more day. Just one more and then I am freeish.

1 Comments:

At Friday, 17 February, 2006, Blogger Snooze said...

Hang in there darling, hang in there. And dude with the bullet proof vest would have freaked me right out. I would have worried that he was going to start shooting everyone and had just planned in advance for the cops coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home