Saturday, March 18, 2006

And as the world moves faster, whiplashing us around and round

Some ass stole part of my display at work today.
I am not impressed.
I did not even get to finish my display on teen fashion before it was vandalized by some schmuck who I guess wanted the photo of the girl wearing the pearl necklace. If I ever find out who it is then I am gonna go over to their workplace and take something off of their wall and see how they like it.
Fucking rude is what it is.
This place is making me cranky today.
I just want to go home.
The highlight of today was when Joey and Jen came in to take out books. I like them both so very much and I am gonna miss them when I go.
I am finding it very hard to admit that I am leaving Mimico.
I had a program on thursday at the drop in centre and I could not bring myself to tell them that I was leaving. In part it is because I don't want to admit that I am leaving, it is also because I am not sure I can handle what they may say. I have received so many gracious compliments from the patrons here about my skills as a childrens librarian. It is really fantastic, so I am not sure that I can handle disapointing them with the fact that I am leaving. I know I have to go, I am aware that I have a permanent position somewhere else but it is sad to have to go.
I however will not miss Mr. Internet Actor man who actually asked to speak to my supervisor because he thought I was rude to him, and I got to tell him that I was the supervisor. Oh he was not happy, but fuck - I don't need some jackass calling 7 or 8 times a day to ask me why Stephanie from Full House is on drugs? Or whatever happened to Tessa from the original Degrassi. And the thing that gets me is that he will NOT accept that there may not be any information about them available. He keeps pushing and insisting that there must be information there, and finally I snapped and told him to look it up himself if he was such an expert.
Grrrr.
Here's hoping he can not find me at my new library.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, 18 March, 2006, Blogger emily said...

I however will not miss Mr. Internet Actor man who actually asked to speak to my supervisor because he thought I was rude to him, and I got to tell him that I was the supervisor. Oh he was not happy...

AHA! Awesome. That dude is SUCH the loser.

And that sucks so much that someone wrecked your display.

 
At Sunday, 19 March, 2006, Blogger Snooze said...

Tell the people that you're leaving. It may be difficult, but closure is good.

As for Mr. Internet freak, that's why I don't work in a public library.

 
At Tuesday, 21 March, 2006, Blogger epicurist said...

I agree. Closure is good for both yourself and others.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home