Friday, November 18, 2005

You slow down when lights are changing

Today my world has changed.
I am astounded at the simplicity of it but I am sitting here at work trying very hard not to cry tears of joy.
Not that I don't want to cry but I think that since I am in charge it would be inappropriate.
I just found out that one of kids from my toddler program has a new favourite game that he plays at home. This new game is called library. And his mom told me that what he does is he sets up a table and gets a water bottle and all his books and he then tells stories to the room (I always have the room set up with my table at teh front and my water bottle since I usually talk so much i become parched)and then takes his play cash register which has a scanner and he pretends to check out books.

IS THAT NOT AMAZING!!

I have become a role model. I feel fantastic right now. I feel like I could fly. I am on top of the world and the best part is is that I get to do this for the rest of my life.
I think that this is one of the best moments of my life.

7 Comments:

At Friday, 18 November, 2005, Blogger mainja said...

*great big hugs filled with pride for my dear friend*

 
At Friday, 18 November, 2005, Blogger Snooze said...

Aw, it's been so lovely to read about your progress and success. Congrats!

 
At Friday, 18 November, 2005, Blogger emily said...

Oh my word, that is just too damn cute! I'm so happy for you, baby.

 
At Saturday, 19 November, 2005, Blogger Jean-Louis said...

That is amazingly sweet. Imitation is not only flattery, it's a sign of genius. Sooner or later the kid will figure out which one he likes best. Congrats mate!

 
At Tuesday, 22 November, 2005, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Wow, that's great!
Lucky, lucky man.

 
At Tuesday, 22 November, 2005, Blogger Madox23 said...

Hey!

I find that highly rewarding. And I'm glad he didn't include the family DVD collection in his library game. Most people go to libraries now for the movies and not the books. You should keep track of that child and see if they become involved in the library. As a kid I was a library helper/page at every school I was at and now I work at one so go figure.

Mads

 
At Friday, 25 November, 2005, Blogger epicurist said...

That has got to be one of the cutest things I have ever heard! Finally a real role model, rather than a vacuous movie or musical persona. Nice that you touched someone that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home