Thursday, November 03, 2005

When she wishes, she wishes for . . .

I just had the best experience at the grocery store here in Etobicoke, in fact it is bringing me to tears.
I was there grabbing some groceries on my lunch so that when I get home tonight I can just stay there and don't have to run all over town.
So there I am choosing some eggs and I hear my name called out. I turn to see one of my kids from my pre-school program there. Well he just started chatting me up, asking me how I was doing and what was going on and was I not enjoying this weather. I am not kidding, that is what he said to me. So first off I am super impressed that he even remembered my name but the fact that he was so energetic and conversational just impressed me beyond belief.
And then another mom and her daughter came along who are also in another one of my programs. And she joined the conversation. I have to say, it made my day. I was wondering about my role here and wether or not I was being effective reaching the kids, but I am no longer doubting it. In fact I think that I must be doing a damn good job that I am reaching the kids to the point where they feel that I am there friend.
It is a very nice feeling.

5 Comments:

At Thursday, 03 November, 2005, Blogger mainja said...

you rock. and i love you so very much.

 
At Thursday, 03 November, 2005, Blogger emily said...

That is fantastic, as are you!

 
At Friday, 04 November, 2005, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Wow, now THAT's a learning day!

You're lucky to be able to get that kind of feedback from your work.

 
At Friday, 04 November, 2005, Blogger Snooze said...

That is really touching! Good for you.

 
At Friday, 04 November, 2005, Blogger Jean-Louis said...

I enjoyed this first dab into the soup of your blog, and I must dive in later when I am not whipping out a word at work. Have a good day, dear librarian.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home