Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I need a nap

How do people do it? This whole 8 hours a day thing is just getting me down. I used to have way more energy than I do as of late.
Is it cause I am slightlt older? Is it cause I have a real job where I Have official supervisory duties and such? But I am worn out from this job. I no longer feel overwhelmed and I feel I am getting into the swing of things but at the same time I feel like I need a nap or a week off to recover. I also have a cold which is not helping my energy at all.
Sigh, sigh sigh.
I guess I am still adjusting to this whole working thing and having a "real" adult job. I mean yes it is all very exciting and what not but I am just not used to it yet. I feel like I am burning out from it.
How do you kids do it? I eat right, I exercise, I try to get my full 8 hours of sleep and have some of a social life but I still feel wiped, maybe I am getting chronic fatigue syndrome. Or maybe this is just life.
Sigh.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, 01 November, 2005, Blogger Snooze said...

It gets worse, not better. Sleep becomes a luxury.

 
At Wednesday, 02 November, 2005, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

I think you'll get used to it.
For about a year I worked 17 hour days, 6 days a week. Okay, the saturday was about 10 hours.
I actually felt great, physically. It was after I went back to a regular day that my ass started dragging.

 
At Wednesday, 02 November, 2005, Blogger No one asked us said...

Snooze - do not tell me that! There could be crying involved.

Dickey - When did you sleep? I have worked 85 hour weeks and felt okay but I was also 23 years old. I am a little bit older than that now and these things seem to hurt more then ever before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home