Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Rise to the top

I have to say that I was skeptical at first. But I have listened to Madonna's new song at least 10 times now and I think that I really kind of like it. I was not sure how it was going to be with this whole "back to her dance floor roots" but I think it is okay. I had sort of written the old gal off after American Life (Ugh what a piece of tripe, three good songs and the other ones are so sappy and so lame that it shames me to think that Madge would be soaking in it).
So I am feeling hopeful about the new album, but have asked for it for christmas since I have learned that when I ask for the not so mainstream albums my family seems to get flustered and be unable to find them - of want to pay for them. So, that is that.
So here is hoping that Madonna's new album will not suck, that she will stop writing childrens books, will shut up about religion, and will either learn to play the guitar and put out a non-discoesque album (I really think she needs to, it would boost her ratings as a "serious" musician - just don't pull the Alanis thing and do covers of old material, that is such a sell out).
All right, that is what I am gonna say for today. I was actually going to bitch about work, but realised that that could get me in trouble. Sigh. I am not sure about this whole being a supervisor thing.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 03 November, 2005, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

I've only heard it once, but found it suitable that it was during a bathroom break at a bad restaurant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home