Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I see Paris, I see France

Sooooo
Strange things are afoot at the circle K. Yes yesterday was an odd little day. The whole work day went by fairly quickly which was good. I did some weeding, which was fine and for some reason I find the whole act of removing an item from the shelf and then from the catalogue to be very exciting and satisfying.
So to end my day, I was walking home from Union and almost to my building when I ran into this guy I went on a couple of dates with a million years ago. We have since become friends but we rarely see each other and he is infamous at not returning phonecalls or emails so I have him listed in that group of people I like but am not gonna make much effort to try to make plans since it will just annoy me.
So we run into each other and we are talking, and we exchange our business cards and we talk the talk. He then tells me that I am looking very svelt. Which is true, but there was just something in the way he said it that seemed very sexual.
And then we continue chatting some more and I ask him if he is seeing anyone (we used to get together and bitch about being single) and he says that he has sworn off men and that eventually he and I will get married.
Hurmph?!
I did not see that coming and it totally threw me for a loop. Now I am not sure if that was a real joke, a glib comment or a joke to test to see what my reaction would be. Either way combined with his comment before it seemed like he was saying something and then he went on to talk about how we would fight over what music to listen to and have our rotweiler dogs (he's walking them). And so I just laughed it off and then he asked me if I hate him. I told him if I hated him I would have caused a big scene and ran off in a huff.
He pointed out that that is what the old me would have done, and he was curious about the new me. I informed him that the new me would make polite conversation for a few seconds and then excuse myself and would in no way, shape or form make physical contact. We then talked some more and I hugged him and finally got home.
So kids - what the fuck?

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, 09 November, 2005, Blogger mainja said...

honestly? that's the kind of silly joke i would make. it's flirty. but i don't know that it has any deeper meaning.

 
At Thursday, 10 November, 2005, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Hmmm, do him.
Make up for that stranger that approached you on the way to the gym.

 
At Thursday, 10 November, 2005, Blogger No one asked us said...

Yeah I am unsure of the deeper meaning but it certaintly threw me for a loop. He is not at all the flirty type with me so his saying that just thwarted me. It is possible I am reading too much into it, it is also possible that I am correct. Who knows.

 
At Thursday, 10 November, 2005, Blogger Snooze said...

I'm with St.Dickey. See how he'd be on the honeymoon before you even think of marrying the boy. [didn't you want to become a slut? honey, being a slut involves seizing these opportunities]

 
At Thursday, 10 November, 2005, Blogger epicurist said...

It seems rather flirtatious. Maybe he is interested and is sort of testing the waters?

 
At Thursday, 10 November, 2005, Blogger emily said...

He can't marry you because you already decided to marry me! ;)

But intruiging, nonetheless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home