Friday, May 05, 2006

When I walk on a cyclone

As many of you readers and friends may be aware, I have been trying to find out what has raised my body temperature. I have been going to the Doctor since October, having blood removed, stool samples, more blood removed, ultra sounds, etc.
And all of this has come to reveal nothing.
My GP is pretty certain that what is causing this is my meds.
I am not sure how much I agree with her.
However, as of Weds night new light has been shed on the situation.
Apparently too much exercise is the most probable cause of all my symptoms. Of which I am not gonna list 'em all.
But I have been doing research and although I can not find any concrete information on the subject (I am borrowing the book from my friend tonight so I will tell you more) the bits and pieces I have put together show that I am over training, severeley. Apparently I am training more than an olympic athelete and the effects of this can be: reduced metabolism, depression, low libido, anxiety, high or lower body temperature, etc.
So I am gonna look into this.
The creepy thing is that this means that I probably have an addiction to exercise. I never really knew that this existed or that it could be a problem. But it looks like it may be.
Oh my goodness.
I hope I don't have to go to over exercisers anonymous.

Hi everyone, my name is NOAU and I have a problem . . .

4 Comments:

At Friday, 05 May, 2006, Blogger JM said...

From what I have read and understand, exercise can increase body temperature.
But I've yet to pass my boards, so don't quote me on that. It's just my understanding of what the articles and books I've read.

 
At Saturday, 06 May, 2006, Blogger Snooze said...

Yes, over exercising can be a problem. That's wild though if that is the cause of your overheating.

 
At Saturday, 06 May, 2006, Blogger Heather Warren said...

so i hope now you`ll sleep in some more in the mornings! Everything in moderation...

the cats will be happy to have you home more often.

love
lazy ass gal who needs to go to the gym more

 
At Monday, 08 May, 2006, Blogger mainja said...

i wrote a novel in your livejournal so i'll not comment here. oh. wait. too late...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home