Tuesday, May 02, 2006

a rent controlled apartment with a communist family

So
I have officially been rejected by teacher.
Oh what you say?
Who on earth is teacher and rejected? What on earth for.
Well, teacher is a guy I went on a date with, two fridays ago.
We had a lovely time, we had dinner at this lovely italian restaurant that Mainja recommended. We talked and then we talked some more. We talked for the entire date, from 7:30 at night until 2 in the morning. He even came back to my place so we could talk some more.
We have ridiculous amounts of stuff in common, we like the same TV, the same music, the same movies, the same books, everything. We talked for what seemed like five minutes but was hours. I have rarely had that experience of talking to someone and just having the time fly by. He then left and I went to bed quite happy.
The next day I had dinner with a good friend and found out that Teacher and (I am gonna call her Ikea Girl) Ikea Girl went to high school together. Turns out he was overweight, not well liked and kind of a weirdo. Ha! Just like me.
So I called him on monday night to let him know that I knew someone who went to school with him. He finally called me back on friday to say that he had given up and wanted to know who it was.
I called him last night to tell him and to ask him out on another date.
So he remembered Ikea Girl and had thought of her often since graduating high school. So we talked about her. And then I went to ask him out and he informed that he was busy for all of May.
ALL OF MAY!
So I asked him what he was doing in June and he told me that he was moving back to Windsor. Oh really?
That is news to me. We talked for 8 hours and he did not once mention that he was contemplating moving home. And he would have had to be thinking about it cause he would have had to give notice yesterday. So funny that he tells me last night that he was thinking of doing this. It was one of the meanest rejections I have ever felt. It was not that he was rejecting me, but that he did it in this really cold manner. And to make it worse Ikea Girl has suggested that he probably did not tell me cause he wanted to jump my bones, but wanted me to make the moves on him. Which I did not.
Well pooh to you with knobs on you!
I find this almost devestating. It has been so long since I have been on a date with someone who I felt a connection with. I am not heart broken, I will pay my hydro bill and continue to go to the gym, but crap. I thought maybe it was my turn.

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, 02 May, 2006, Blogger JM said...

What a dork! What a loser. I'm thinking he probably freaked out because he thinks that maybe Ikea girl told you stuff about him, he didn't want you to know. So he is rejecting you before you can reject him. One of those male defense mechanisms.

 
At Tuesday, 02 May, 2006, Blogger epicurist said...

That sucks...sorry to hear about the bad date experience. :( Just means that he was'nt good enough for you! :)

 
At Tuesday, 02 May, 2006, Blogger Snooze said...

One thing I've learned through recent dating is that people have their own issues. Obviously you guys had a connection. He's just going through his own shit right now. You are gold baby, and starting to shine more and more.

 
At Wednesday, 03 May, 2006, Blogger mainja said...

*big hug* i love you *another big hug*

 
At Wednesday, 03 May, 2006, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

What a prick!

I once had a guy do that, only it was Germany instead of Windsor. When I saw him at Buddies afterwards, he ended up wearing my beer.

Bottom line, that sucks. But you deserve better. You deserve a guy that appreciates you as much as your friends do.

 
At Wednesday, 03 May, 2006, Blogger emily said...

That really sucks, and I'm so sorry it happened to you. xoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home