Thursday, April 13, 2006

I am gonna pitch the biggest fit

We had a baby throwing a hissy fit here in the library.
I was busy tuning it out until I realised just how cathartic it must be for that child to just express himself so well by crying and temper tantruming (not that I am condoning that kind of behaviour on a regular basis - but when there has been a viable injustice than I think that kind of behaviour is acceptable).
Which got me to thinking that I wonder why it is that adults don't get to do that kind of hissy fits? I am aware that some adults do it on a regular basis, in fact it probably never ended from childhood, but there are some adults who could probably really use the good stress release that a big hissy fit would give them.
You know?
Just a really good chance to lay the smack down, scream about something, cry, express yourself and then let it out and be much much better.
I wish I could do that.

3 Comments:

At Friday, 14 April, 2006, Blogger Snooze said...

Shaken baby syndrome exists for a reason. It's no less annoying to witness when adults have hissy fits. I agree though that sometimes it's tempting to just start screaming.

 
At Saturday, 15 April, 2006, Blogger mainja said...

i wish i could too. in the privacy of my own home of course... ;)

 
At Monday, 17 April, 2006, Blogger epicurist said...

That's what boxing gloves and a punching bag are for. Aggression and letting all that crap out can really be invigorating...That or very agressive sex. Either works fine for me. ;-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home