Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Beep, Beep

Okay, this blowing of my own horn is not my fault. Not one little bit. But I have to do it because it is such a compliment to me.
My supervisor received a phone call from the Richview Library today.
They called specifically to ask for me to come to their library to present a book talk to a group of grade seven's.
I was asked because their regular librarian was ill.
They asked for me.
ME!
As Leesa said "Your reputation precedes you".
I have to admit I am overwhelmed by this.
I did not expect to be getting such attention at this position.
In fact in my opinion I am just doing my job as best I can.
But I am doing a good job which is very nice.
So a library asked for me, a library that is not in my district of which I have never met anyone who works there. But somehow they wanted me.
I think I love this job.
The only sad part is still that i am leaving here.
They threw Leesa and I a goodbye party today.
I almost cried.
And my pre-schoolers made me a card and wished me good bye.
I almost cried then.
I am not sure I can handle this.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, 30 March, 2006, Blogger mainja said...

you rock!

 
At Thursday, 30 March, 2006, Blogger emily said...

CAM! That is so awesome. You're the bestest!

And dude, I say, "Toot your own horn!" Sometimes, you just hafta.

 
At Tuesday, 04 April, 2006, Blogger Heather Warren said...

toot toot....keep rockin´amigo! you´re lovvvveeeelllyyyy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home