Sunday, December 02, 2007

We interrupt your regularly scheduled program for this important news...

Wow, I can actually post to this place again! (Hi, Cam!) There was craziness for a while there, and then I didn't try posting for a very long time, until I got bored today, and decided to see what would happen.

Anyway. Hi. It's been a long time. I am the almost non-existant partner in crime to No One Asked Us, here. Woo. I have no idea if I will show up as emily (the old name this site used), or emiline (the name it seems to want to use all the time now). We'll see. It doesn't really matter, as I answer to either one.

I have no segue...

I love Christmas. Not for any religious reason, as I am not religious whatsoever, but more because people seem to be happier, and more open to actually caring about people (both whom they already know, and those they don't), and the decorations, and sometimes, even the music (I am more of a fan of inappropriate Christmas songs, though, like "Fairytale of New York", or "Merry Christmas (Sgt. Kraulis)." [Or maybe it's "(Merry Christmas) Sgt. Kraulis" - too lazy to check.] They tickle me). And the lights up everywhere make coming home when it's pitch black a little more bearable.

I've decorated the house already, for the most part. Just have a couple of things to hang, and the Christmas tree to put up. I might get around to that today - I'll watch Charlie Brown's Christmas, decorate the tree, and drink white hot chocolate. (The other good thing about this time of year is gingerbread flavouring! And adding it to white hot chocolate. YUM!) Sounds like as good a plan as any for spending a Sunday afternoon.

I also like to hear about people's Christmas (or Hannukah, or Kwanzaa, or Chrismakkuh, or Festivus, etc...) traditions. What do you love to do this time of year? Included in mine: watching Charlie Brown's Christmas, sending cards to friends and family, making sure there's a specific candy in the Santa head candy dish, and hanging the ornaments daily on the advent calendar my grandmother made (which reminds me, I'm already behind on that! Ah, there we go.)...otherwise, I can't really think of anything else. Oh, I guess making something, whether it's chocolates, fudge or cookies.

So, lay it on me. What are your holiday traditions?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 04 December, 2007, Blogger No one asked us said...

Where have you been? It feels like 2 years since I last saw you.

 
At Wednesday, 05 December, 2007, Blogger emily said...

I have been trapped in hell? I dunno, there was something seriously wacky with blogger last time I tried to post, and I didn't get around to trying again until now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home