Monday, October 15, 2007

I Look Like A Rapist

Last weekend I was going down to the laundry room to do the obvious.
In the elevator with me was a woman who was also going to do laundry.
We entered the laundry room to find that only one machine was available.
I jokingly said "Arm wrestle you for it" to which the girls eyes got wider and she said with a bit of nervousness - "What?"
I realized that I had made an unfunny so I tried to clear up the mess by saying: "I will arm wrestle you for the machine - you know HA HA!"
She began to look panicked! She started to back away and said "No you go ahead"
I realized that she was afraid of me.
I asked her if she was sure and she said she was and then she fled.
I have no idea what she thought was going on, but the way she ran away from the laundry room made me think that she suspected that something was going to happen. That I was going to brutalize her or rape her kind of annoys me.
I don't think that any woman would really be afraid of me in that format, but this girl was terrified of me.
I saw her later that day in the elevator again and she would not look at me and she was doing her best to become invisible in the corner.
Tsk tsk. Honestly, if I was going to rape someone it would not even be her.

2 Comments:

At Monday, 15 October, 2007, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

You DO have a creepy laundry room, but there's a video camera that is supervised...
And I wouldn't find you threatening if I was a girl.

 
At Friday, 26 October, 2007, Blogger emily said...

I can maybe see how someone who didn't know you could be scared in your creepy laundry room - you are quite tall and strong looking. It's very unfortunate that she is that scared, but I can kind of understand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home