Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Is there something more I am supposed to be doing?

I am at my new libraries.
Yes that is right libraries. I am now split between the Rexdale library and the Albion library doing children's programming at both.
Weird I say.
I have this horrible feeling of being uprooted. Of knowing no one, having no firm grasp on my duties.
I do everything I am supposed to do, but that leaves so much time to do . . . nothing. To surf the net, whatever.
I guess I am supposed to be filling that time with reference work, but no one is asking me questions. And to scare me more than I was before, I am possibly going to be the acting branch head of Rexdale for November and December. That is a wee bit scary as that means I am in charge, the buck stops here, I am the one who has to deal with all the crazy stuff. I guess this is good since it means they are prepping me to become a branch head, but for some reason, right now, I find all of this terrifying and I want to run away. And to be honest I don't really know why I feel this way.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 23 August, 2007, Blogger graymama said...

Change can definitely be terrifying! As an onlooker to your situation, I see the net surfing as a gift because once Nov/Dec hits you will probably be really busy, and it must feel a little good to know that they think you will make a great branch head. Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home