Tuesday, July 31, 2007

An update

So here is what is going on with me in the here and now (there should be a musical echo on that I think, but alas as keen as modern technolog is, it is not that advanced).
I got a six month contract at the Albion library. It is full time, it is children's work and it is far far away from my evil cunt of a branch head. No matter how busy, needy, awful Albion may be. It can not be as horrible as my lazy, mean spirited, acid tounge, derisive and cynical branch head.
I a am very happy to get to go away and get full time hours for 6 months, especially since my contract went through right before the big budget blow out and now we have a hiring freeze. Which means that my position will not be filled while I am away from there. And poor "Sybil" will have to actually do some work, but then she is going to make everyone's life hell.
Things are going very well with Monster Squad, however, I do have to admit that I am finding being in a relationship rather challenging for me. I think too much about stuff, I am unsure of a lot of things, and as the relationship develops and I get more in touch with myself and my emotions I find that to be very scary. But at least I am doing my best.
I have decided to return to school for september, inf act today or tomorrow I am heading over to Ryerson to enroll in my first course of a business management certificate and I am going to take the easy course first, introduction to business management. Wheeeeeeeee. I want to prepare my skills for becoming a branch head and then hopefully a manager.
And that is my life at this point.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 08 August, 2007, Blogger emily said...

Congrats on the new position! I am le excited for you and the full time hours.

I am also excited that things are going well with you and Monster Squad (I was gonna make the wolf man quote, but I don't want to go there!). Relationships are hard work, though, no matter who's in them, I think. If it's going to be a good one, at any rate.

I think I was going to write something else, but I can't think of it now.

xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home