Tuesday, July 10, 2007

NOAU is full of hate and could be potentially dangerous

The kids at the library are driving me crazy today. I have forgotten what summer in the library is like. Dozens of parent less children wandering around, yelling, chasing, screaming, fighting for the computer. The library at the best of times does not condone religion, but over the summer it is truly a godless place.
However, there is one thing that is truly more irritating than the children in the library. It is their parents.
Parents who are cranky and want something free for their child to do. Fair enough, I understand that money can be tight and that the library exists for educational purposes. But my dears, just because we offer some programs does not mean that we offer all the programs you want. We don't have math courses over the summer because we also don't have them during the school year. We sure as hell do not have time to do your child's summer school homework for them (when the hell did parents get as lazy as their kids and want a complete stranger to do their child's homework? And then have the nerve to be off put that the library won't do that?) and we also have limits on the numbers in the programs because that is just how it is. We can not overfill our buildings capacity, nor do we want to deal with limitless rug rats as they can be unmanageable.
I would also like to point out that a good deal of the unmanageably comes from the fact that so many parents use the library as free babysitting. That is not my job and I hope you feel as stupid as that couple who's kid was kidnapped out of the hotel room when your child is abducted from the library when you decided to leave them there for 6 hours while you did some shopping and ran some errands. I am certain that whoever takes them will at least feed them on a regular basis and pay more attention to them then you apparently do.
And in closing, dear parents do not ask me the same question over and over in a different way in hopes that you can trick me and get a different answer. I am really not that gullible. Sometimes rules are rules and they have to stay that way - I don't care how special or important your child is: they mean nothing to me.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 10 July, 2007, Blogger Snooze said...

I am certain that whoever takes them will at least feed them on a regular basis and pay more attention to them then you apparently do.

Brilliant.

 
At Wednesday, 11 July, 2007, Blogger graymama said...

LMFAO!

Hubby and I say that we don't hate the children as much as we hate the parents.

BTW, you are the only person I have ever met that also listens to Saint Etienne. I think there is hope for this world yet :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home