Saturday, June 23, 2007

Falling Down

I was humbled on Thursday night as I left my library.
I somehow tripped as I was approaching the sidewalk and fell on my face.
I tore up my knee, my ankle and my finger and bruised the other hand that I landed on. Making certain things really difficult, like picking up a mug, opening doors, masturbating (it is my most popular hand that got bruised)
This was a very humbling experience.
I don't think I have scraped my knees since grade 9 gym class when I fell going for a volleyball and slid across the wood floor and tore up both my knees. While some bitch said "I never knew you had it in you" (please take it back out)
This made me think of the Tori Amos song Girl where she states: "Well I'm not seventeen but I have cuts on my knees, falling down as the winter takes one more cherry tree"
My goodness. It really hurts. I mean it really hurts. And it bled a great deal.
On the bus no one could see it was bleeding as I was sitting with it against the back of another seat. However, on the subway many people stared at my knee as if they had never seen someone with a cut knee before. People are weird.
It made me feel like I should to and rub it up against them just to freak them out, but since I did not know where they had been I did not.

1 Comments:

At Monday, 25 June, 2007, Blogger graymama said...

Hope your owies are starting to feel better :-) Why do you even need to masturbate when you have MS?!

Your subway experience reminded me of when I used to breastfeed in public of all places. How dare I feed my child :-P If I didn't have production issues, I would have shot milk in a few faces for sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home