Monday, November 12, 2007

Life without leather

Since being diagnosed with my allergy things have become different in my life. I love shoes.
Love them!
And it seems nature is determined to keep my from my love.
I can no longer wear most leather shoes. I am currently wearing the one pair of non-leather shoes I own till my other pair comes in the mail. I am also wearing the only non-leather belt I own. I have to go buy some nylon ones.
To be honest I hate this.
I hate that to make my life better that I have to go out of my way and change things.
I hate that I seem to hate change.
Especially when this will make my life better.
I have noticed since no longer wearing leather that I have been feeling better. My energy is up, my mood is up and I wonder how much of my allergy had to do with my bad mood? I am sure to a certain extent the drain on my body from being constantly exposed to something it is allergic to can not be an easy thing for it to handle.
However now I have to spend way more money on leather shoes as vegetable tanning is much more expensive, and also a lot of shoes will have to be custom made for me and that is super expensive.
I don't really miss green felt, surgical cat guy, hide glue, wet cement, or any of the other things I am allergic to. I just miss my leather.
Good thing I do not have a leather fetish, my life will be hell.
Also I think I have to give up my leather pants.
Lucky me.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 14 November, 2007, Blogger Snooze said...

Limited footwear choices... that is cruel indeed, but hey, if you are feeling better, then that's amazing! So glad you are noticing a change!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home