Monday, November 05, 2007

Interviews for the work that is work

I had my branch head interview bright and early this morning at 9 a.m. which was good as I wanted to get it out of the way and get on my with my day. It also meant that I got to spend less time commuting to Albion on my time and more time commuting on the libraries dime.
However there was a delay on the subway, but I was only ten minutes late and incredibly apologetic.
The interview went smooth, none of the questions were what I was not suspecting and one was easier than I had anticipated. However the one on what I thought were the three best elements of being a leader/supervisor - umm I had two, but a third? I sort of drew a blank and then just guessed at what I thought would be the best thing that I would do, which was to try to understand my staff members as individuals and cater training to them.
Phew.
It was not harrowing or bad, I was a bit nervous but that went away.
The best part was when the one manager told me that she did not know all the statisitcs that I did about the neighbourhood the branch is situated in.
Good thing I do my homework.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, 07 November, 2007, Blogger Snooze said...

sounds like you had a phenomenal interview!

 
At Friday, 09 November, 2007, Blogger graymama said...

Have you heard anything, yet?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home