Sunday, March 11, 2007

A poor man's version of themself

I am sick to death of Paris Hilton, Madonna, Nicole Richey, Brittney Spears, etc etc etc.
None of these people are interesting beyond a shallow level.
Not one little bit.
Has any of them cured cancer? Saved the world? Stop the hydrogen bomb? Ok so Madonna adopted an african child but how sincere is she about that?
This drives me crazy.
I am so tired of seeing the same headlines every day on the subway.

Oooh melt down this, oh shaved head that, oooh waxed pubes there.

I don't understand why we as a society care.
It is not news, it is not news worthy.
All it is is recycled crap.
Have we not heard this a million times before?
With so many other stars, icons and celebrities?

Why does it seem taht so many people are taken in by the same headline with a different name attached to it.
It is so lame.
And it angers me to the point that I want to smack everyone.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 11 March, 2007, Blogger Snooze said...

Oh yeah! I couldn't agree more.

I went to the movies a while back and in the trivia preview they were asking who Angeline Jolie was the ambassador for. They had three choices, but the guy next to me muttered, "Or D/ Who cares?" I just about died laughing.

 
At Monday, 12 March, 2007, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Don't you wish people would get that excited when WE shave our heads?
Then again, that would probably get quite annoying...

 
At Monday, 12 March, 2007, Blogger Timmy said...

it makes me want to kick babies.

 
At Monday, 12 March, 2007, Blogger No one asked us said...

I just wish that people would get all excited that I shaved my head, do the expose and then consider why it is so exciting.
Is it cause of my job? My social standing? The sheer insanity of someone shaving their head.
Fuck - I just want these people to get some perspective.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home