Thursday, January 15, 2009

Celebrity Fabric

I was just on Go Fug Yourself and was perusing all the dresses and fashions of the Golden Globe awareds.
I would prefer to look at all the snazzy men in their super hot tuxedo's, but of course since they all look the same no one posts them. It is all about the women. Who wore who? How well did they wear it? What did their hair look like? Who did they get their jewelry from? Honestly why not just tape Joan Collins and have her voice behind the pictures saying "who are you wearing? who are you wearing?"
And a thought occurred to me. Well actually several thoughts, but the overwhelming one was - how the fuck do those bitches move in some of those dresses?
Honestly. What sadistic, evil person designed and created those dresses that some of the women look like they had to cover themselves in vaseline just to get into. And the awkward shapes, seams and hemlines. Honestly - whatever happened to fashion being comfortable? I actually applaud Glenn Close for her simple pant suit, at least if the building catches on fire (or if someone just yells the word) she can push Zellweger and Barrymore aside and be the first to escape. Those other bitches? They are more than likely toast.
And the other thought I had was - how wasteful is this?
How much do those dresses cost?
The jewelry?
The hair?
I bet what all those women spent on their appearance would be able to fund all of Africa to eat for at least 6 months.
Or fund AIDS research to find a cure that much faster.
Or cancer.
Or stop global warming.
To be perefectly honest I don't care who wore what and how well they wore it.
What I care about is that these people to seem to have more money then they know what to do with and I think they should have to pay a tax or a fee to be able to attend these shows to preen around like peacocks.
Cause even two weeks from now, no one cares who wore what. But I know I care about clean air and water, and people not dying needlessly.

3 Comments:

At Monday, 19 January, 2009, Blogger Snooze said...

Well, the jewels are usually on loan, but I'm with you on the rest as a complete and utter waste.

 
At Friday, 30 January, 2009, Blogger graymama said...

I said something along the same lines about the Super Bowl. I was almost burned at the stake. I forgot I live in the state of football.

 
At Saturday, 21 March, 2009, Blogger emily said...

I am SO WITH YOU!

It's totally how I felt while working at Plan, and I'd go into the building behind the financial planners with their Louis Vuitton bags and shit, and just think of how many children they could have sponsored with the same amount of money they spent on an ugly-ass bag.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home