Friday, January 02, 2009

Back to Crack

On New Year's Eve I was having dinner with a group of friends and some people I had just met.
One of the people I had just met works for the worlds biggest bookstore. Finding a book person to bond with is always exciting for myself, both as a reader as a library employee - since I find the experience to be intensley similiar, but also rather different (for example they can kick people out without a lot of paper work - I can not) So she and I got to talking and she told me that the most common stolen item from the bookstore are the Urban Literature books. What the patrons do are rip off the barcodes. Which is hilarious as that is not where the security code is at all. So she finds little stacks of barcodes all over the place from these books.
I found this to be funny as the most common stolen item from my library is also the urban literature books.
I find it funny as that the books here are free. You can take them home and then bring them back. We really don't care. But they get stolen all the time.
I wonder why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home