Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Learning the law

I had a law final on saturday.
I studied very very hard for it.
I was very nervous.
When I got to the room the final was being held in, I saw all my classmates studying away, feverishly going through their textbooks.
The instructor came in.
I put away my notes that I had brought with me. Having left my textbook at home, not wanting to carry it - and being well sick to death of the damn thing anyways.
He handed out the final.
I waited for him to tell the class to put their books away.
He did not.
He told us to turn over our finals.
We all did.
And in horror I read "this is an open book test"

Well fuck me!

After a brief moment of panic and wanting to cry, I accepted the situation, and did the best I could.
Having studied hard I felt pretty positive about the final.
And in retrospect having to go through a text would have been cumbersome and time consuming. Also the questions were fairly objective, you had to know the theory, but still apply it - so even having the textbook only got you halfway to the answer.

Still - how did I not know that this was an open book final.

Oops.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 11 December, 2008, Blogger Heather said...

I'm sure you did just fine. I've had open book exams where I barely referred to my textbook anyway.

And I always have that exact same feeling at the beginning of every exam regardless of how prepared I am.

 
At Tuesday, 23 December, 2008, Blogger emily said...

Oh man, that sucks. You're awesome, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home