Monday, December 22, 2008

The saga of the shower filter

Monster Squad and I had a difficult friday night. The library closed early so he and I met at Eaton's centre. I got to finally pick up the shower filter replacement cartridge so that I could change it. Easy enough.
We get home, and the first thing I want to do is change the shower filter so that I can alleviate my skin problems.
And then I am unale to the get the actual casing of the filter to come apart.
Man - it is stuck on there.
I try and try and try.
Then Monster Squad wants to try.
I find this rather funny since his trying is to do the exact same thing that I was doing. (and he is not as strong as me)
And then it begins - the battle to see who can undo this white plastic shower casing.
For three hours we worked on getting that thing apart.
We heated it.
We cooled it.
We tried oil.
We tried one holding one half and the other holding the other.
We did all we could.
The shower filter was winning.

I gave up.
Monster squad gave up.
Then in a moment of sheer genius (after researching opening things on the internet) I bought a pair of rubber gloves and used them to get a better grip. And although it was still tough, I managed to get the thing to move a little and then I realized that I had won the competition.
And know I am not being exposed to Chlorine when I shower.
And I have to go buy dechlorinator for when I take a bath.
I hate dermatitis.



And plastic shower casing's that won't come undone.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 23 December, 2008, Blogger emily said...

I'm glad you finally won your battle against the shower casing!

 
At Thursday, 15 January, 2009, Blogger No one asked us said...

Oh btw I am allergic to the gloves that I used to take the thing apart. Tragic irony? Poetic justice?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home