Thursday, December 27, 2007

I love me some John Tesh

Not me personally.
No.
But I had a patron today who is probably working his way up to stalking Mr. Tesh.
I have had a few interactions with this man, getting onto the internet, etc. He seeemd nice enough.
Today he approached the desk with an inquiry about the computer classes the library offers. A typical enough question, however the classes the library offers are very basic indeed.
After explaining to him the classes we offer, I suggested he try the TDSB continuing education classes. I showed him the course outlines and he seemed interested, but there was something still lurking there.
So I used my superior reference interviewing skills and began to enquire about what it was he was hoping to do with the computer, what where the skills he wanted to learn?
I should have realized from what he said next that this was a bad idea.
"I am looking to find out more stuff on John Tesh"
Uh huh was my slowly released response.
"What about John Tesh?"
It turns out that he listens to Mr. Tesh's radio show while driving in the car and so does not have time to write down the Shaman's sage advice. So he was looking for ways to find it online, amongst other information about Mr. Tesh.
Uh huh.
So I suggested that he contac the radio station for transcriptions of his shows, since sometimes they do that.
He then hinted that he was looking to get in touch with Mr. Tesh and wanted to be able to find his address and phone number on the net.
I jumped in and informed him that his best bet was most likely contacting the radio station or looking up the transcripts on his website.

Then I ran.
And Mr. Tesh if you are reading this - I suggest you do the same.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, 29 December, 2007, Blogger emily said...

Um, dude needs a clue is he thinks he's going to find a pseudo-celebrity's home address and phone number on the internet.

And why couldn't he think of anyone better than John Tesh? Or maybe he's slowly working his way up to someone better.

Or maybe I shouldn't make fun of someone's obsession. Nah, what fun is that?

 
At Thursday, 07 February, 2008, Blogger john tesh said...

Hey, it's John. I'm here if you need me. And don 't forget to visit JOHNTESHBLOG.COM.
Peace, JT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home