Sunday, December 10, 2006

I'm not a fan . . . but come on people

I just saw a posting of a photo of Tom Cruise in the internet. The website was making fun of him saying that he had "man boobs."
What the hell is that about?
He looks like himself in the photo. Maybe not as buff as usual but so what? I do not understand this continual obsession we have with celebrities and how they appear. Why do they have to be perfect? Why can't Tom (albeit he is crazy) gain weight? Sometimes weight just happens, and it annoys me to the point that I think it is disgusting that we have created this cycle of feeling that we are pressured by the media to look a certain way, but then we pressure media icons/darlings/lunatics to look the way that we are complaining we are pressured to look.
Does that make any sense?

3 Comments:

At Sunday, 10 December, 2006, Blogger Snooze said...

Ooh. I've been guilty of making fun of celebrities too, but of course you're absolutely right. I'm also tired of middle-aged male paparazzi photographing Lindsay Lohan's twat. And Britney's. I find it so creepy.

 
At Monday, 11 December, 2006, Blogger Timmy said...

i pay this no mind.

 
At Monday, 18 December, 2006, Blogger emily said...

I much prefer to rag on his crappy ass hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home