Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Twilight Phone Zone

Last night I was sitting at home watching a movie with my friend Fabian.
My cell phone rings. Which is odd cause my cell phone never rings.
I answer it.
There is the noise of a bar in the background and a very drunk sounding woman has the following conversation with me:

Can I speak with NOAU?
This is NOAU
No it's not.
Yes it is.
No it is not. I want to speak with NOAU.
You are. Who is this?
If this was NOAU you would know who this was.
Well I am and I don't.
Put NOAU on the mother fucking phone.
This is NOAU.
No it isn't.
Yes it is. Ask me something only NOAU would know.
You are not NOAU. You sound gay.
What?
You heard me?
No I didn't.
Yes you did.

I then hung up the phone, completely perplexed.
Fabian was unnerved when I told him.
He then asked me how did I sound gay?
I told him I had a san francisco accent.
The only person I thought it could be was MK.
So I called her, but much to my chagrin to find out that she was in the hospital visiting her boyfriend.
So not MK.
Have no idea who it was.
What the fuck?

2 Comments:

At Monday, 28 August, 2006, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Wasn't me either.
But I like the SF accent reference. Nice one.

 
At Tuesday, 29 August, 2006, Blogger Heather Warren said...

the world is filled with mysterious wonders and idiots who can't dial a phone. trying to rationalize it all will drive you crazy. perplexity is a fun state for a short period of time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home