Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Emporer's New Clothes.

When I was little I thought that if you ate an apple seed and then ate some dirt and then drank some water that an apple tree would root and would then grow inside you.
I thought how cool it would be if that would happen.
Of course there was no science behind this, it was all just crazy daydreaming with myself, but still the idea that we were organic and connected to the world around us seem so harmless - that I could not even imagine that if this were to happen that it would likely kill me, or that my digestion system would remove everything.
So maybe in the end there would have been a tree somewhere. A tree that I had created. Just not inside of me.

2 Comments:

At Monday, 02 October, 2006, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Maybe that explains erections?
I think we all thought that...
:)

 
At Tuesday, 10 October, 2006, Blogger emily said...

I just had a vision of you with a tree growing up through your esophogus and out your mouth. You looked very cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home