Monday, June 12, 2006

Mean and Evil

Yesterday Emiline and I went to see SARSical. It was fantastic. I just love crazy musicals.
However, the strangest thing occurred when I was waiting to buy the tickets. It was a Sunday matinee and it was Pay What You Can. I love PWYC performances, as usually the house is packed and it is a better viewing experience since there is a bigger vibe.
So this couple in front of me were buying tickets. And they asked the woman how much the tickets were and she explained that they were PWYC. The couple became flustered, what does this PWYC mean? She ticket seller explained that it meant that there was no set price, that you could pay as little or as much as you want but you had to pay cash.
This confused the man, he looked at her and said "So I can't use my credit or debit cards?"
The seller replied "No sir, cash only"
"So I can not use my debit card?"
"No. Cash only"
"So how much are the tickets?"
"They are PWYC"
"Well if I pay the normal price can I use my debit?"
"No sir, it is cash only"
The two of them went on like this for a few more minutes and finally the female said:
"Honey - give her the 20 in your wallet and that will pay for both our tickets"

Hence, the problem solved and I got to buy my tickets.
Some people are not very bright.

1 Comments:

At Monday, 12 June, 2006, Blogger emily said...

You didn't tell me about the "So if I pay the regular price can I use my debit card?" That's HILARIOUS! (Actually, it's probably good that you didn't tell me that because I probably would have burst out laughing and given them a crazy look so they totally would have known we were talking about them.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home