Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Do you think I should unpack my bongos? - I intend to unpack mine!

What is it about old friends that is so soothing and so integral to ones life?
When does someone become an "old" friend?
We are all getting older, but there are lots of people I know who I still consider an acquiance, or just a friend. But there are not lots of people who I consider a dear old friend.
Last night I spent time with a dear old friend and it was remarkable. And probably what was the most remarkable was that nothing really happened. We had food, we talked a lot, we drank some really strong drinks and then we just hung out and talked some more.
We shared gossip about the people we went to school with in undergrad. About who had gotten married, got fat, got skinny, had illegitimate children and had left their husband and become a lesbian. Yes we had a crazy time sitting on her deck until it got two cold and then sitting on her very slippery leather couch. And we got drunk and fell off of the couch a lot.
So last night was a good night.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 13 June, 2006, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

I only have a couple of friends like that. They're the best, you can talk without talking.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home