Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shocking!!

I recently rediscovered my love of the band The Donnas.
So I only recently discovered that they do a cover of Kids in America.
Having falling madly in love with the song and remember hearing many different versions of it over the years I was curious to find out who sang it originally.
I
I
I was thinking along the lines of Zepplin or Kiss or some other classic rock band.
No
no
no
It turns out that Kim Wilde was the first to record that song.
How?
Why?
It was originally released as a new wave song (doesn't really work as one in my opinion) and Kim Wilde is British. What the hell does she know about kids in america?
And really I don't think that her being British and singing the song is meant to be irony.

To be honest I am just going to pretend that the Donnas sang it first and that Kim's version is a bad cover.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, 25 October, 2009, Blogger emily said...

I knew someone British wrote it, but I couldn't remember the name. Strange.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home