Thursday, January 20, 2005

Criminal with protection from the law.

Someone totally forgot to ask us when they created racists and bigots. Grrr.

So, I work at an international development, non-profit NGO, "for just a dollar a day you can help children in need" place. And lately, the racists, annoying fucks are phoning in full-force. At least once a day I get "I would prefer to sponsor a Christian child" when they're currently sponsoring a Hindu child (or some other religion. Pick one. I've yet to get someone saying they'd rather not sponsor an animist, though. They're less offensive to super-religious people, perhaps?) , or "I'd rather not sponsor a child in Egypt, if you don't mind", or what have you. They're usually a little subtle in their bigotry, right?

Not today. Oh no. Today was straight up "I want to sponsor a white child, not a coloured one."

Fuck. You.

And dude, overall, white children are doing just dandy. We ain't got any straight up white children in the areas we work, because they tend to live in areas that are not in need, which also happen to be areas that do not need us. Funny that.

I wonder if she'll call back after I assign a child from South America?

Some fucking people.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 20 January, 2005, Blogger No one asked us said...

See, stupid people everywhere. You can not escape them. What did I tell you?

 
At Friday, 21 January, 2005, Blogger emily said...

I know. It's just madness. There should be a law against stupid people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home