Monday, January 17, 2005

Sugar Coma

I ate so much this weekend and I do not know why.
It was not as bad as when I was studying in London and on S.A.D. (aka: Singles Awareness Day, otherwise known as Valentines Day) I suggested that we all go buy a tub of ice cream each and that we get a topping and then eat the ice cream as fast as we can while sharing the toppings and whoever finishes their's first is the winner of the eating olympics. I won, but I regret it. And I have won the eating/drinking olympics four years in a row now. But ugh, I am beginning to regert this whole eating so much that I think I will explode thing. I don't know how I used to do it.
Em and I used to get together and eat like a whole pizza, cinnamon buns, pop, chips, chocolate bars and many other things and I would still feel okay. These days when i eat that much I do not feel okay. I feel gross and want to die. Maybe I should go back to drinking a lot, but I don't really want to do that either. I need some other addiction.
At least none of this is as bad as the time that I tried the healing power of food, ugh was that not a pretty night. I had a really bad day at work (really, incredibly bad) and I came home and ate: 4 pizza pops, 11 spring rolls, 6 chicken fingers, a plate of nachos with salsa and sour cream, 3 bowls of ice cream, 5 chocolate bars (of assorted variety) and a slice of cake - I really did not feel good after that. In fact I felt really, really bad.
So I wonder what it is about me that makes me forget how awful I felt the last time and allows me to consume my weight in sugar. I mean every time I do this I regret it, I sit there and feel really full and icky, but when I decide that I am going to do this I usually think - yeah! I am going to feel so satisfied by this, but I don't. I never do.
I think this may be an addiction and I may need help. Do you think that I have an eating disorder? Should I be eating more prunes to help cleanse my system (now is it just me or when you do eat a lot of prunes, should your feces have that prunelike smell? Because I have noticed this in myself and well it kind of freaks me out)? Or should I just try more self-restraint. Or should I stop smoking a big fattie beforehand and then just eradicate this problem all together. I don't know, but today I just plain don't feel good.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 18 January, 2005, Blogger emily said...

I haven't a clue how we could eat so much before. We're crazy troopers, I think.

I would assume that if you eat enough prunes, yes, your feces would smell like them. Kind of like asparagus and urine.

YUM!

 
At Thursday, 20 January, 2005, Blogger mainja said...

yeah, my guess is that like alcohol, the big fatty makes you forget how gross you're gonna feel. maybe there is a way to temper it. you know, in the same way that you (the universal you, not you in particular) drink a glass of water between each drink to temper the amount of alcohol you're drinking, and to mitigate the hang over in the morning, maybe there is something about eating junk where you can, i don't know, eat a cucumber between each junky thing you eat. (mmmm. cucumber and ice cream...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home